Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Daily Notes- February 5th


Another example of "pin a crow on it".   This slim piece has been on the wall in the sewing room--right above the ironing board.  Nothing sewn.  Painted fabric and my favorite batik ocean blue dot fabric-- nearly used up--treasured and used sparingly.  If there was ever a fabric that is perfect wherever and whenever--it's this blue dot.  The batik travels thru all the values of blue--this is the darkest.

I purchased a yard each of other dot batik color ways recently.  No blue was available.  I have gold, rose and grey but my heart doesn't beat faster when I trial those new ones.  Only for the blue.  Like the crow--it makes everything better.  If anyone out there has a piece of this old batik---I will happily pay to own it.  As you see, I even paint fabric to run with the batik.

I have used up all the pictures I took with the new phone.  Now I need to find more things photograph.  Yesterday, while listening to MSNBC investigate the President's "executive time" in his daily calendar...............I pulled out a few of Deb Lacativa's Magic Threads and did some stitching on that current tea bag piece.  It is starting to work.  Now I have to back off--I love the thread so much that I use too much.  And overwork.

I also managed to make two new side triangles for the Storm At Sea side diamonds.  UGH!  The triangles mirror each other.  Guess how many times I made the wrong side of the mirror??????

But on a happy note-- a nice internet conversation with a friend and reader of the blog.  We chatted about our fabric scraps and our pets and Diane mentioned the Tiny Tuesday Rainbow Scrap thing people are doing.  So I had to go look.  I also went back on the search for the Storm At Sea cutting directions for the blocks.  For those mirror side triangles and for the small side square in a square. I now have measurements if for any reason I decide to......make blocks.

Well, the baby quilt is getting a good press with the iron today and going off in the mail to Connie. I may put sashing on Beverly's scrappy star quilt.  Get moving with finishing that.  And I have my Winter placemat to finish before Winter is gone.  And G's to begin.  February is moving fast.


1 comment:

Deb Lacativa said...

USE THE THREADS!!! I'm not dying anytime soon, but I will be DYEING sooner than I thought if this weather keeps up its lunacy. It was 70 here today!! I'm running out of thread myself, I have none of my favorite, the blue/gold/blue. I'll rummage through my commercial stash for that dotted batik for you. It looks so familiar.