Thursday, February 28, 2019

Daily Notes- February 28th


That crazy choice of a blue batik.  Sublimating the original block and making one wonder why I am even trying to work with the Goodwill scraps.  Inside my head, I hear a tiny voice saying--give the blocks back to Goodwill.  Anyone out there want 16 of these Stormy Diamonds?--minus the batik and that red print.  And--NO, I do not want to make new Stormy Diamonds even if I do have the cutting directions for the two parts.

I stitched 2.5 inch squares into four squares and then into a rectangular shape that says--placemat--to me. And today some "sashing" and I will layer and quilt and bind the edges and be done with the brown fabric squares project.   And start another as most of our "in use" placemats have taken a beating in daily use and need replacing.  No matter how often I spray them with spot removal spray--they don't look any better after a good wash.  I did all this stitching while watching the Hearing on television.  Later, I watched A&E's three part Trump tell all.  I learned that Trump was re-born out of business failures, marriage failures etc. when he decided to Wrestle his way into the Hearts of the American Wrestling Fan Club --- The 38% that is now his Presidential BASE.  

My Gardening Friend--who I see very seldom--is wanting us to attend Gardening Lectures together in March.  I mentioned to her my two teaching gigs in March.  We'll see what happens.  We met on the first day of Master Gardening classes so many years ago.  We partnered up and had many adventures as we made our way through classes and volunteer gardening hours and projects.  We did quite a bit of laughing.  Each Spring I visit her garden and collect a large armload of the biggest, fattest stalks of rhubarb I have ever seen.  And then go home and clean and chop the rhubarb for the freezer and Future Rhubarb Custard Pies and Strawberry Rhubarb Jam when the Maine Strawberries are being sold on the roadsides in June.  In fact, I was thinking about thawing the last bag of rhubarb and making a pie yesterday.  I didn't.

I had some leftover vegetables in cream sauce in the fridge and decided to dice up the few potatoes I had in the crisper drawer along with a small amount of broccoli, cook them and add to the leftover vegetables for sort of a cream of vegetable soup.  It was very good.  I have a second bowl for today's lunch.  I also made myself a chocolate mug cake.  No supper.  Just a big late lunch. Then I will have to make up a menu for next week and then a grocery list.

Well,  I need to figure out how I am going to keep myself occupied for the entire day.  I could just read a book.  That uses up most of the day until 4 pm when I watch Nicole Wallace on MSNBC. I could also work on cleaning up the gigantic mess in the sewing room.  I had to scoop up piles of stuff in order to cut squares for my placemat.  I hate when that happens.  And the carpet in there could use a vacuuming.

No comments: