Wednesday, March 09, 2022

Daily Notes- Wednesday, March 9th- Overcast, Cold, Bleak. Oil Delivery. $ 962.00


 I sort of like the eyes on top and the nose to the left edge.  Could be a lovely Christmas Ornament.

Oil delivery. 175 gallons and price tag was nearly a thousand.  Dollars.  The Ukrainian War arrives in Maine.  Russian Oil?  It's actually a very small World isn't it?  We are still heating the house to 65 degrees. And only in the daytime.  59 at night.

I spoke with a guy who might or might not come back in Actual Spring to prune my Blueberries, Grapes and Peach Trees.  We'll see what happens.  Maine Self Employed People.  Independent Souls.

DianeN- yes, I have my list of Vera books in my Library bag.  But I still am working my way thru the Annual Winter Favorites.  Like some people run thru Movies they love.  Which I also do for Christmas and Valentine's Day with Hallmark.  I was thinking about my Waltz movie.  Watching it again.

I am also involved in watching Law & Order: Criminal Intent or what ever it's called.  I'm on episode 12 or 13 of the first year.  It's been entertaining.  The Miracle Water commercials are showing up again.

Street Side Excitement.  The house to my left collected a swarm of Realtors all day yesterday (and their fancy cars).  Taking pictures etc.  I am anticipating seeing the price my neighbor is asking.  As are all the  other neighbors.  "Show me yours and then I can guess-ta-mate mine".  This home has older everything: bathrooms and kitchen.  Old carpet. But it has the same deep lot size we have.  Which will be an added bonus. Only three houses have the deep lot.  All of us next door to each other.

I spent time on the phone with Computershare yesterday.  To get info for our taxes.  What a treat.  They tried to push me to using my iPhone.  I said no.  Then the internet.  I said no.  Then I got an actual human. I asked for actual paper.  Wow.  The woman I was speaking to asked if I couldn't just write the number down and be done with it as the IRS doesn't actually need "paper".  I said:  I don't have the number.  Oh. And then I got the number.  And wrote it down.  On paper.

And then...well....... at least the Investment Banker is doing our taxes.  Not me.  I retired from tax preparation.  Just in time it seems.  No paper.  No humans.  No help.  


1 comment:

DianeN said...

Ann Cleeves has written several books. The Vera series is my favorite but she also did the Shetland series which began with Raven Black. The main character was Jimmy Perez. She has retired that series. She's currently doing a series with Matthew Venn as the main character. The first book in that series is The Long Call. As I said, Vera is my favorite and there's a new one coming out in the fall. Happy reading!