Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Daily Notes- Tuesday March 15th- Overcast. 40 degrees. Grocery store/Library


 Here we are in March.  Mid March.  Spring????  Well, I didn't wear my heavy winter coat to the library and grocery store.  So...that's Spring, I guess. In Maine.

Only two chicken dinners at grocery.  I had to improvise.  I do not like doing that.  It could go horribly wrong. I bought a fresh battery for the scale.  My husband, the part time anorexic, needs to weigh himself now that he has given up desserts.  He has a handful of candy from Christmas to polish off.  Then "cold turkey".

The yogurt section was bare.  So what I had to choose from isn't going to be anywhere close to his comfort zone.  It'll be a "fun" week.

I still have one tub of dark chocolate Trader Joe's Caramels from Christmas.  I love them.  And I am guessing that mid March isn't my best record for slowly eating them.  It's my worst. I usually can wait until July.  Tough Winter.

My sports shows are all about the Trade Deadlines.  Not interested.

Yesterday's book was If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy.  A Prince Charming plot with a plus sized Beauty.  I did check out the ONLY Vera book on the shelf.  There has been a steady cleansing of the library shelves of "old books" so entire collections are gone.  One Vera.  Sigh.  Connie, neither of your books was on shelves, so I will need to order from other libraries for them as well.

Yesterday the furnace got cleaned and tuned up.  They lost power to the furnace.  Somehow.  I called to lodge a complaint.  It got resolved and the furnace is much quieter since the tune-up.  I think power to the Attic rooms is not on.  But it doesn't actually matter. I never go up when its dark. And the thermostat runs on batteries.  At some point--I have to just let go of wanting things to be....I don't even know what- working???

Not as many people visiting the house next door.  Either it has a contract or isn't going to have one.  Things sell very very fast here in Maine. But perhaps the COVID Surge is over???  Real Estate in the COVID years has been brisk and profitable.  People thought Maine was a "safe haven".    Even Tucker Carlson.  I believe he's still broadcasting from his shed. In Maine.

4 comments:

Kim Carney said...

no yogurt, chicken dinners, books? What is going on in your part of the world?? ;)

So, if you go on Zillow and put in your address, you might be able to find the price your neighbors house is listed. I do it all the time when we have houses for sale on my street.

Joanne S said...

Supply chain must have a serious kink. No mouth wash either.
Plenty of booze. Batteries.

Kim Carney said...

Well, you can't go wrong with booze and batteries!!! ;)

Kim Carney said...

if you really want me to investigate the house next door, send me your address :) to kimberlycarney@hotmail.com