Thursday, March 03, 2022

Daily Notes- March 3rd. 40 degrees and snow is melting. I got my haircut.


 Crunchy.  Cheese.  Fried.  Yes, Please.  Drive it over here to me....... drive fast.

My haircut.  I was wearing my mask.  One other person was.  No one else.--but a good haircut. Like walking into DANGER. Interesting conversation with a well groomed tiny woman- just getting a fresh cut and color.  I think as "something to do" as her cut and color looked just fine.  Another woman was just getting ready to leave- she had had a stroke and was getting better but we all hoped she hadn't driven herself- she hadn't. My haircutter mentioned making goulash and I asked if she had added sour cream- she was startled- had never considered adding it.  Thought about it- and I guess her leftovers will be getting some sour cream.

Hairdresser's husband makes his own food.

Mail brought the new set of checks.  They said four weeks or longer and it's here in one week.  Which is strange but true. Banking...you just never know.

I have some things in the dryer.  Waiting for it to be done so I can reassemble the couch in Time for husband's nap.  I decided it was getting too "old Man" and needed cleansing.  I might do the seat covers on my couch next.  Too old Woman.

Husband shoveled the front steps but not the porch itself.  I just don't get how he thinks.

Well, we stopped at the library after my haircut.  My Going Outside the House Treat.  I searched so many aisles and got just four books.  I was sad.  So I need to work the interlibrary loan later today.

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I don't know if Maine used to have a King's Food Host restaurant chain. I used to go there after the football/basketball games in high school. My favorite on the menu was the Cheese Frenchie. It resembled that picture, but the sandwich was deep fried. Yum!

Joanne S said...

Paula you just had to make my day even duller- now I am wanting a Cheese Frenchie.