Sunday, March 13, 2022

Daily Notes- Spring Ahead Sunday. Snow overnight and now sunshine.


 Obviously I am not wearing ENOUGH RED.  I don't know who this is but she certainly has style.

I don't remember staying up late but I certainly slept late.  "'My Tree Pruning Guy-MTPG" was here this morning to prune my Peach Tree.  He did a great job.  Each cut considered before being made.  The two trees look quite nice.  Next up- when the ground thaws is their Food Spikes.  

MTPG also looked at my Plum Tree.  It had quite a bit of weird stuff on it last Spring- which I cut off- but only one branch with the fungus this Spring.  He cut a few things but otherwise he said it looked great. There is a pollination problem as I only have the one plum tree.  I have tried to get more bees to visit with two Beach Plums but so far the Beach Plums aren't blossoming very much.  I need to use something else to draw bees.

I watched All of the Vienna Blood that I TiVoed off of PBS before the massive and idiotic Fund Raising started.  Excellent and- oddly enough--quite a few of the clothing pieces were VERY much like what I bought and wore while in Germany for 6 years.  The blouses with high collars and a multitude of pleats on the front. Full wool skirts. Long.  There was a gray linen robe one of the mental patients wore.  Be still my heart.  And I was reminded of all the coffee I drank from small china cups in lovely restaurants. The men's clothing- swoon worthy. As was one of the actors.

We ordered Chinese Take Away Saturday afternoon.  Been a few years.  I got small portions.  Still have leftovers.  I now know there are only two things I actually enjoy eating.  I had ordered only one. I was rather unhappy with my meal so I used the eating time to clean out the condiment shelf in the fridge.  Only a few bottles and jars left.  I don't cook.......so they were neglected for the COVID years. I only make Pantry Soup and Grilled Cheese.  Well, I do eat good cheese with crackers.  But thats' not cooking.

We managed to get all the clocks changed over.  Springing Ahead.  If it would only stop snowing. I have no idea what today's book will be.  I have quite a lack of interest in Reading today.  A nap sounds lovely.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

A good book - The Lost Apothecary.
I think you'd like it.