Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Daily Notes- August 8


Ninety plus degrees here in Maine.  Daily rain.  Never know when it's coming.  Humidity so high your clothing is damp after 5 to 10 minute out watering the Grow Boxes.

I removed leaves from the tomato plants.  Unnecessary leaves (now compost).  So the tomatoes could get direct sun. Two zucchini this morning and one pale pink/green tomato found on the driveway.  Chipmunks. But no bite marks so I brought it into the vestibule (what an old fashioned word) between the house and garage to finish ripening in the vestibule heat.

G wanted to see the new Mission Impossible movie so we went to the 4pm showing.  The over 65 crowd was represented in the dozen or so people in the theater. G enjoyed the movie.  I thought it was too long, too repetitive and way too many scenes on the edge of very tall things giving me vertigo. We exited into a pretty steady rain.  100% humidity.  Summer traffic.

At home we sorted out dinner.  I made myself some thin sliced zucchini pan fried to crispy with some dill sprinkled on at the finish.  I had it with a small portion of pasta.  I plan to have the exact meal again today.  It was that good.

I stitched and stitched on a small cloth.  At the end it was so completely awful I cut it into two and then into the compost bucket.  Nothing to salvage.  Wasted fabric and thread.  I was heart-sick.

I can't find my way.

Today I will machine stitch more squares--or start a new square.  Be content with that.

I drew two more chairs yesterday between watering plants, laundry and the movie.  It was something.


1 comment:

Karen Rips said...

Hi Joanne, I’m trying to contact you privately about some fabric I have you might like. Could you email me at karenrips@gmail.com