Friday, August 17, 2018

Daily Notes- August 17


A Truly Wonder-Filled Day, yesterday.  They come along so rarely.  To be treasured.

A Bank sponsored cocktail party and then tickets to a performance of Singing In The Rain at our local (and quite famously popular) Music Theater.  I love Singing in the Rain and this was really, really good.  And the cocktail party (I never enjoy them) was FUN!!!  Could have been the huge, strong drink I had--but if that's the route to an amazing evening and no hangover--- I'm all in.

Best part we have our own season's tickets for Singing In The Rain for next Tuesday.  (!!!!!!!)

I am staying close to the dog today.  He was alone from 5pm to almost 11 pm yesterday needs close comfort today.  I don't mind.  He usually just sleeps with his head on my feet. Waking only if I move.

The Tomato Plants have decided it's now Tomato Time.  I bring in 3 to 4 each day.  Still not many of the Snow White Cherry tomatoes that I love--- I have five plants our there.  And the Sungold cherry tomatoes that make a great roasted tomato sauce for pasta.  The next 10 days or 2 weeks should be prime Tomato Eating Time.

My green peppers are getting really large.  Still haven't changed over to red or orange.

My plant based dye-ing went very well.  I have an additional 8 half yards to use in my "squares". I have been considering either wall art or useable blanket.  Time will tell.  I know the work is good because I enjoy just looking at the work and running my fingers over it.  The ones I like to touch are the good ones.  And I find myself running finger tips over the pile of new plant dyed fabric also.

A good place right now.  To be treasured.  Remembered.
I think, someday when I am old and not able to do much of anything, I will sit with these squares and run my fingers over the cloth, the stitches, the seams.  And feel good about my Life.




No comments: