Thursday, August 30, 2018

August 29- Daily Notes


Green Beans.  I am thinking some of you didn't think there would be Time for those late planted seeds to grow into green beans.  But there was plenty of Time.  And here they are in August.  I have  picked just the first ones.  Plenty more tiny ones and lots of flowers promising more in September.

The Tree Service Guys are circling G's old 2003 Toyota truck.  They want it.  We find them standing and walking around and looking.  I yelled over to them yesterday as I walked to the street to collect the mail--"you looking at that old truck?"   "yes, Mam and we might want to buy it"

We aren't saying anything.  Using their interest to get them to do a good job. (laughing)

G went out on a delivery yesterday and on the way back his  2 year old Jeep Cherokee (10K on it)  had some red lights going on the dashboard and the rpm's went flat.  Lucky for us, he bought local and the Jeep is now sitting at the Dealer, waiting in line to see what went wrong.  We have a loaner with 250,000 miles on it.  Riley was riding shotgun and refused to get into the loaner.  Wasn't "his" car.

Rained here overnight making the mosquitos happy.  The Moon woke me up last night, shining into the window and lighting up the room.  High above the tree line.  Hot and humid again.

I decided to add another strip (or two) of squares to the top and bottom edges of my squares project.  Pale yellow linen (from Goodwill pants I took apart) in the majority.  There are some random squares from the same pants already in the piece.  Feels right. Summer Sunshine. I'll handcut the squares.  No ruler.  No rotary blade.  Old School.  I gave up, half way, on matching seams.  Some squares went in wrong side up with the quarter inch face up.  I like hand piecing but I like machine seams best of all on larger things.  Machine seams and spray starch.  But hand cut squares. Imperfectly perfect.

I didn't have a Tomato Sandwich yesterday.  Don't exactly know why not.  But my supper was a bowl of hand made granola with dark chocolate chips and whipped cream mixed in to moisturize the granola.  Slow food.  Takes time to chew.  Lots of nuts and seeds.







2 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

ahhhhh, the green bean..........

would you pickle some?

Joanne S said...

I eat most of them raw--just picked. Any that remain I bake in the oven until crispy and browned a bit.