Thursday, August 02, 2018

Daily Notes-- August 2nd


August Tummy Troubles.  Why?  No reason.  My internal self must not like August heat and humidity.  So, I keep to myself.

86% humidity when we woke at 5:30 am to feed Riley.  Early riser.  It feels like being wrapped in a hot wet wool blanket.  Add tummy trouble and--wow, the perfect day to stay in bed. We had heavy rain overnight.  I got up the second time around 10am.

I worked on a small piece of cloth yesterday.  Traced circles with whatever I had that fit the cloth. Then stitched.  Then went to find another circle, another jar or dish to trace.  After that some X's.  I like them.  X marks the spot.  I try and think of a way to add a crow--my spirit animal.

I, also, in the past two days--added squares to make the total 81 on the little piece of patched squares. I found another pile of orphan squares--in darker tones.  I may or may not stitch them into rows and add to the composition.  The 81 squares look like Summer.  With dark squares all around it may turn Stormy.

I had a bargain from the store in the crock pot over night.  Instead of my usual crock pot pork (onions, cloves and water) I changed it to the additions for my oven pork.  Cider vinegar, cayenne, onion, cloves and brown sugar.  Very tender, moist and now bathing in BBQ sauce and back into the crock pot on low.  Exciting to have food for a few days for $5.

Another two cucumbers from my driveway garden boxes when I watered this morning.  I've eaten most. With salt. But right now I have four and we might have them sliced thin as a side to the pork.  Pickled a bit. Some thin carrot added for crunch.

We continue to wait for tomatoes to ripen-- all are still (and seemingly forever) green.

My iPhone, which I used to take pictures, is now living with our daughter.  So she and her employer can communicate on different job sites.  The problems I had with the iPhone had to do with "delete" not really "deleting" anything till one pushes another button.  Which I never, in three years, done. Three years of email.  Imagine it.  Poor Phone.  No wonder it refused to do anything like send a picture.

No comments: