Monday, August 13, 2018

Daily Notes- August 13


Ice Cream Days.  We are in the midst of a three or four day "cloudy with a good chance of rain" weather cycle.  House lights need to be on.  Humid outdoors.  One tomato.  No cucumbers. Two crow feathers.  I have collected a jar full this summer   Silky black feathers.  And I see the crows quite often and hear them calling in the trees.

I have errands to run so will be getting out of the house.  Escaping. The walls and ceilings.

Spent yesterday evening on Netflix watching the new season of Father Brown.  Netflix was also "serving up" a nice list of things I had watched in times past.  In case I wanted to watch them again. I checked the list to see if additional material had been added. New stuff. New seasons. No.  I still haven't watched The Crown.  I just wish they had better movies and a new season of Chef's Table.  Most of their list is simply trash. To me.

I imagine Amazon Prime is buying everything good.  I imagine Amazon buying everything.

So--a visit to my old workplace, the library to return a book, and then the grocery for two or three items.  G and Riley are setting out for a walk.  It's cool enough for our old dog (11 years) and he does enjoy it so much.  I can hear him woofing out in the vestibule by the door--ready to get going. Not a bark.  A soft "woof".

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Yes, ice cream days. I stopped on the way home last night for the new seasonal flavor, banana cream pie. Little pieces of crust in it.