Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Daily Notes - August 14


What not to put in the fridge according to Bon Appetite.com  I knew that eggplant didn't like the chill.  But not that corn didn't like it either.  The corn at my grocery is cold.  And most of the produce at the local organic Farmer's Market is kept very cold.  Even the tomatoes.  The big green leaves are collard greens.  Wishing mine looked like that.

Yesterday--ta da!!!!-- we had Delicious Home GrownTomatoes.  From the garden (and warm and ripened from the Vestibule) sliced along with fresh mozzarella cheese, basil leaves (from grocery as mine are either not ready or really over ready) and good olive oil and Balsamic vinegar.  A nice crusty baguette.  Life Is Good.  And even better--Riley and I picked about 6 more this morning. Early Girl Bush.  The flavor is just the right mix of acid and sweet.

My green peppers are getting quite large.  I'm waiting to see some "color" other than dark green before picking them.  I have red and golden deep yellow, I think.   I only like them green in chili so just before it gets cold at the end of the growing season I pick the green ones and dice and freeze them for Winter meals.

My surprise package of dyed squares arrived.  I really am stunned.  The fabric itself is so fine and wonderful.  And the colors.  Oh, so divine.  I started right in making, cutting, sewing more squares. Using these new dyed squares and my own plant based dye experiments.  Greens, purples...oh, my.
I think I am setting foot on a good path.  A path that might with hard work and good thinking and planning and some serendipity------could lead me to a good artistic place.

I seem to have misplaced my can of spray starch.

An armful of recently discarded Quilting Arts magazine found on the "take what you want or need" table in the --vestibule--of my library--has given me so much reading, teaching, learning material on dyes, transfers etc onto fabric.  Serendipity yet again.

I am thinking my soon to be attained 72nd birthday in September will be auspicious. Artistically.

2 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

September what?

Life Scraps and Patches said...

If that can of spray starch is missing in action, think about replacing it with Best Press if you can find it. Nice scents, non-aerosol, doesn't build up. But, usually just found in fabric and quilt stores.