Saturday, July 07, 2018

Daily Notes: July 7th


Would like to be able to say I was having this for supper.  Hot fudge sauce, pancakes and ice cream. But I don't actually have anything to eat (anything already prepared).  G is eating yesterday's leftovers from Chinese.

It was cooler today so in between the 10am World Cup Match and the start of the 2 pm Match I went out into the garden and planted the long delayed leek seedlings, storage onion seedlings, the last dozen of the cherry tomato seedlings, the dill, the French red marigolds and I added Bumper Crop my favorite top dressing to the soil of everything that looked like it needed a "boost".  Then I watered everything a second time with the sprinkler.  For an hour.

I forgot the green bean seeds.  So I'll get them in tomorrow along with the container of celery seedlings.  I also have some oregano seedlings.  They probably would enjoy being planted as well.

We actually have two windows open and the a/c units off.  A Miracle!!!

G got the grass all mowed and didn't get anymore itchy brown tail moth rash.  Walkers around Town are carrying golf clubs in case they see a rabid fox.  That's the news from here.

3 comments:

Annie said...

OMG, that picture, my mouth watered the instant I saw that, shows what I like to eat! Yup, I could eat that for breakfast,lunch and dinner. Wasn't it good to shut those a/c off yesterday and maybe today too? It's exhausting to listen to that all day and night.Enjoy the cooler day!

Joanne S said...

Yes, windows opened last night! Delightful.

Dakotah said...

I enjoy your stories so much. Thank you