Saturday, July 21, 2018

Daily Notes- July 21


Here it is Saturday.   Picked one very nice zucchini from the Earth Box this morning.  Lots and lots of green tomatoes in the Grow Boxes.  Had to clean out the crisper drawers in the fridge because I went out to get brand new fresh produce.  Last night's dinner was the proof that things in the crisper weren't crisp.  I purchased new bread also.  A do-over of last night's meal is going to happen--today I hope or for sure tomorrow.  And brand new corn just delivered from a local farm this morning.  Dark green husks. We haven't even had the first ear of corn this summer.

Our new toaster oven is making very dark toast right now and we are trying to find the "sweet spot" on the toast dial for the toast color we like.  The new hot water pot arrived and is very stylish.  I haven't used it yet.

I have done VERY POORLY on my promise to eat all the different flavors of ice cream at Cote's this summer.  Cote's never opened this year.  And I have had exactly ONE lobster roll.  I am so disappointed in the way Summer is going.  I haven't even eaten any watermelon.  It's depressing.

I have been making many batches of the kabobs and the kabob marinade.

We have cooked and eaten a few of the mysterious frozen meals in the freezer.  The General Tso's chicken meal was pretty tasty.  20 minutes in the oven and ready to eat.  I am thinking I might buy the Orange Chicken meal by the same company.

Oh...I keep forgetting to mention the green beans seeds have germinated and the plants are now 3 inches tall.  Success.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Joanne, for heaven's sake the next time you are at the Hannaford pick up one of those mini watermelon, they are very good. We've had several this summer.We've also had corn on the cob a couple of times from the local farm stand, yummy! : )

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Here's to do-over's. That corn sounds so luscious, too.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

bless~ed Be the green beans

Peggy said...

So glad to read you planted green beans this late because I'm going to try it, too! We have a recently-developed Japanese beetle problem here in Colorado so I'm trying to grow around their active beetle-eating time which should be winding down by the end of July. They have changed life (in the garden) as we knew it. Have a great week, Joanne! xo