Sunday, July 29, 2018

Daily Notes- July 29


Painting is on my mind these days.  Which is something I always put on the "back burner" of things to work on.  But this Summer there will be no "canning" or "putting up" jams, jelly or pickles in August.  Store bought for us this Winter.

The birds and chipmunks took care of all that.  Neither G or I can find more than one plum on the Queen this Summer.  And no peach harvest.  One peach each on two trees is not a harvest.  My three plants each of zucchini, yellow squash and pickling cucumbers won't amount to anything for the pickling kettle.  But I could get one batch later in August if things go crazy.

I plan to get out my "new from Goodwill" spiralizer" and make some squash zoodles.  Hopefully the green tomatoes (an abundance) will ripen before Christmas??? Certainly the many cherry tomatoes?

I had Tater Tots for the first time in my Life, yesterday.  The extra crunchy ones baked for twice as long as recommended.  I like them.

Well, Time to get ready to go visit Goodwill.  There have been no treasures there for the past few weeks.. I think Visitors from Away have discovered our Goodwill.  I see many piled high shopping carts on the past few Sundays and unfamiliar faces.

A very gracious and lovely Maine woman died ten days ago.  At 97.  I only met her once but found her to be delightful .  Her obituary was one any of us would dream and aspire to having.  A Life well lived.  And she was a quilter.  I hadn't known that about her.


3 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Will your "Visitors From Away" depart after Labor Day? And leave restaurant spaces for you?

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Tater tots. Oh, i grin. So N Mex. Tater tot casserole...., the tts and a layer of hamburger, layer of onion and green chili, then pour over cans worth of mushroom soup, top with grated cheese bake. If you feel frisky, other stuff like bell pepper.cilantro. top with chopped tomato shredded lettuce or anything oh and garlic salt in there somewhere

Joanne S said...

Maine cleans right out before September and we have the place to ourselves again until Columbus's Birthday when Bean has lots of things on sale.