Sunday, July 22, 2018

Daily Notes--July 22


When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  My thoughts for today.

We woke up to light sprinkles of rain.  Much needed by the lawn.  The rain moves in gently waves. Less, More and even More. & Nothing. Riley and I got wet walking down the drive for the newspaper.

I purchased "just delivered" corn from the grocery yesterday and we ate it last evening.  I am going back for more. Delicious. And I cut up my mini watermelon and ate chunks of it whilst watching Nigella cook on PBS.  She gets positively "giddy" while cooking.  I also ate one of the red plums I bought.  Very nice.

I didn't manage to get the refrigerator shelving sparkling clean. Yet.  But it's on the "list".

The Post Office is sending me a MESSAGE.  The little Sunday delivery truck keeps dropping off Amazon packages here.  Not mine.  And then I must run down the sidewalk waving my arms, shouting, STOP!, until I get the attention of the post person and give the package back.  Should I get my own Amazon Prime and buy things?  And who will my packages get delivered to???

Not everyone would be so kind as to give the packages back.  Today's package was a book.

I started reading a new Yrsa thriller and it seemed familiar.  When the house owner found the pizza, uneaten, in the garbage can--I remembered.  I had either started reading this at one Time and stopped or perhaps managed to finish.  But I think not.  So that book is going back.  I am waiting for The Child by Fiona Barton to arrive at the library.  Until then........I think I will re-read Wolf Hall.

I like "thriller" but I don't care for "creepy".   Goodwill today.  The corn purchasing.


No comments: