Saturday, July 14, 2018

Daily Notes- July 14th.


I love this.  The way the blue mixed with the yellow to become green.  MUST PAINT!!! AGAIN.

Last evening I got an email saying the "seeds" were in the tractor bay at work.  Each season the seed company comes in July to take away (or leave for the employees) the "old" seeds and put the "new" seeds in display racks.  So 2018 is done and the racks now hold 2019.

And the employees may take seeds.  Well, I was sorting through the two huge cartons of seeds (tossed in in no particular order) right after Belgium won 3rd place in the World Cup this morning.  I was wanting new packets of herb seeds to fill in my herb garden.  I have two blank spaces.  And I wasn't alone.  The people still working came by to chat.  Such lovely, lovely college students.  I do miss them. But not to dwell as the tears in my eyes will keep me from seeing the keys.  I did finally find a common thyme which is perennial.  I'll start it in a milk jug in February of 2019.  And in the last minutes a large package of basil seeds.   I took all sorts of vegetable seeds for future plantings in summers to come.

During half time I sewed the binding to the quilt and I am planning to watch a few shows on Netflix as I hand sew the binding to the back of the baby quilt.  And then that will be done.  It's cloudy outside and might rain (fingers crossed).

Maine has notified me that my driver's license needs to be renewed.  I'll be sure to bring a good book with me the day I go to Motor Vehicles.

Well, that was it for the day's adventures.  So many happy little bees pollinating the squash and cucumber plants.   I always worry about beneficial insects but it looks like the bees are happy.  I wonder where they have built their hive?  Next month Riley will start playing with grasshoppers on the driveway.  He likes to encourage them to jump.  Sort of like the Pigs Are Popping game only with tiny grasshoppers.

Well, I must start sewing.

No comments: