Saturday, March 31, 2018

Spring Arrives--for The Day


I stitched all the remaining colored 1.5 inch squares together yesterday instead of reading.  I ran out of blue pretty quickly.  One row in from the left is the original nine patch with the rosy center.  This is another "page" size of 5 by 7 inches finished.

I think I'm done with this format now.  It doesn't have "meaning" for me.


Now this is the one I made before (5 blocks by 7 blocks).  Blue then white then tan and then more white.  It was okay but then it seemed to "need" story.  I had some very fragile indigo and white fabric from a shirt I bought at Goodwill and took apart.  The fabric just falls to bits.  I think the long rectangle that connects the dark blue square and the peach beige line--will stay. It's like a doorway into some other space.

 I am not sure about the three little crumbs stitched to the three white blocks.  Thought I do like the little "planet" in the center.  And the one on the right does give an impression of a moon.  Perhaps the little planet should be up next to the top row of the "castle"?  It's all invisible stitched--so easy enough to rearrange.  And the little "moon" could go up into the darker blue sky next to the castle ruins.

Well, there is a great deal more sunshine in the kitchen than I am used to and now I can see all the "dirt" so I think I will spend some time scrubbing and washing.  Spring Cleaning.  But first a quick visit to the grocery for milk, bread and other staple items.  Flowers?  Easter Candy for G.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I am so enjoying your stitching. A wonderful thing.