Tuesday, March 27, 2018

And What If.......I Hadn't Met You?


There are people in my Life right now.....assorted souls....who might never meet each other. It's hard to have a connected conversation.  There are days when I wish these people in my Life could connect, communicate thru me...with each other.  Here perhaps?

Yesterday was a "going outside the House day" for me.  A coffee date and long conversation.  The Post Office with the usual long line (strange but no one speaks to each other there)--- I did spark a smile when I asked the clerk if he had any "cute stamps".  He did not.  Then the grocery where I have almost all my spur of the moment conversations.  A neighbor and friend, who lives on my street, caught up on each others "doings".  Our street is long and the houses far back.  We don't SEE anyone.

She recounted a "bomb/gun threat" exercise with a kindergarten class.  All huddled together along the walls, arms over their heads, frightened.  She wondering what she would find possible to do to protect them.  We stood and just stared silently into each other's eyes. The unknowing of it.

Another friend--the one who encouraged me to start this blog--wrote an email and we exchanged words and lives for awhile.  It brought me great happiness.  We discussed family and art and work.  The ups and downs. Nothing is always perfect or the way you thought it might be.

So it was a full day.  I even purchased a sweet potato and made the ubiquitous "sweet potato tacos" for my mid day meal.  I roasted the peeled small squares of potato with oil and a sprinkle of packaged Taco seasoning powder.  I had corn tortillas to fry up, a red onion, avocado and lime juice.  It was a good, interesting meal.  I will add the remaining roasted sweet potato to my vegetable soup.  I didn't think I would like the tacos.  But I really did.

Today I have some sewing.  Borders of dancing penguins for the baby quilt.  Worked out that it only needs 7.5 inch borders all the way around to add up to 36 by 42.  I have been enjoying the making and sewing of these NICU baby quilts.  None of the people or babies or quilters will ever meet me but there is "knowing" in the making of and accepting of the quilts themselves.

3 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life Scraps and Patches said...

So happy that you're making the NICU quilts. I finished quilting your pink one yesterday. Just the binding now.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Were the Mr. Rogers stamps sold out at your post office?