Sunday, March 18, 2018

Write It On Your Heart


"Write it on your heart- that everyday is the best day in the year.  She is rich who owns the day and no one who owns the day, allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety"

"Finish every day and be done with it.  You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt, crept in.  Forget them as soon as you can...tomorrow is another day"

"Begin the next day, well and serenely, with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This new day is too dear, with it's hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on the yesterdays."

If anyone knows who wrote these wonder-filled words--please let me know.  I failed to write the author's name at the end.  But perhaps it wasn't there for me to see? I have this written on an index card.  Found it, again, this morning in the recipe box. I think I needed to find it--again.

I love the words "write it on your heart".

I am trying for a "clean sweep" of the old before I am open to the new. But already I am feeling free-er. I straightened out my work space (getting ready to work on projects left undone) and sorted thru those recipe cards for a soup made with cauliflower.  I happened to have a cauliflower in the fridge that has been waiting it's turn.  It's now simmering on the stove and I am anticipating the finished soup.

I also removed from the recipe box about 10 more soup recipes.  I like soup and I should be making it more often. Soup is a wonderful "vehicle" for vegetables and I love vegetables.  And soup can be complex or simple depending on what you want.  But always warm and comforting on cold Winter days.  Spring feels far away as I look outside and see only cold, frozen white.

I will be making the one with carrots as the lead character tomorrow.  I also have a great many carrots  in the fridge...... waiting.


4 comments:

Joanne S said...

Ralph Waldo Emerson.

I "googled" it.

Anonymous said...

Was teaching Sunday School this week and we were talking about Jeremiah. Part of the scripture included “ write it on their hearts.” As in God will write it “on their hearts.” thought it was beautiful and I thought how can I share that feeling with the kids ? Have very few in class, which is really common these days. Anyway wanted to share that I had been pondering those words on Sunday too !

Joanne S said...

If I was the Teacher-- I would have the children make hearts out of paper and then write on them what they think God would write.

Anonymous said...

That is an excellent “ lesson plan”. Maybe I can incorporate it this week, along with the Palms. On to Palm Sunday ! 😀thanks.