Thursday, March 08, 2018

Winter Storm = Soup


I have everything in this photo from Food52 to make a "Beans and Greens" soup.  I even have Parm rinds saved in the freezer.  Beans, greens, and some tomatoes.  I made G a big kettle of chicken soup yesterday.

At least the snow reflects light and makes everything look "brighter".  It had been so dark here for too many days.  Makes the three of us "sad". We've got at least 12 inches piled up over night an possibly more.  And it just now (1pm) stopped snowing.  Every single thing outside is coated in snow. Everything is WHITE.  Blinding.  No newspaper and no mail.

Read Jane Harper's second book "Force of Nature" straight thru yesterday.  Loved her first book "The Dry".  Same lead character.  Excellent author if you like a well written book.  Australian author. I selected a few books from the New Mystery section on my last visit to the library.  Not sure about them.  But I was judging by the cover..........

Stitching my antique fabric.  Finished squares are "about" 2 inches.  And the square part is also "about" as I am doing it all by hand and using the rather odd Jude Hill method of sewing one block to another.  The thread at the seam shows and we are supposed to stitch "imperfectly".  So the opposite of machine work.  I am really loving the look.  Soft and with personality.  I did cut some strips apart to add in some of the onion skin fabric in a nine patch design.  Looks very nice.  Or it could have been the tea bag fabric?  I don't quite recall.  I am going to see if I have any real thin old blue fabric anywhere (old shirt) so I can make some very pale blue squares. If not, then I will do something else.
This will be my "base" for working on for Spirit Cloth Beginning class I am following--solo.

Haircut tomorrow.  And the oil company is sending a guy to do the annual furnace cleaning tomorrow between 12 and 4.  Slow Living.


No comments: