Sunday, March 25, 2018

Patterns In Life


Especially rethinking pattern pieces from clothing.  Like this.  Layered with print and other items--like the clothing made for this pattern would have been thru years of wear.  Layered with experiences.

Goodwill today.  Perhaps a pattern will catch my eye?  Or I could just make one up.  Out of muslin. Yes, I think making one up would be the thing to do.  Darts are fun. (not!). Tabs are fun (yes).

The snow began late yesterday - 9 pm and fizzled out.  A bit of ice in patches this morning on the front steps so Riley and I went out for the Sunday paper thru the garage just in case. Neither of us likes to slip and fall.  No sun but still bright enough to chase away the Winter Blues. Oh, there is SUN!!  Just now.  Glorious Sun.

We haven't watched any news in two days.  Today will make three.  Nothing good comes out of watching.  I was impressed by the Reuters photos from the Marches Against Guns. Words on their open palms are powerful images.  Reminded me of the marches against the war in Vietnam.  Both very troubled times.  Both destroyed the man who was President.  Well, I am hopeful.

A Pattern.



1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Your post this morning starts my day with a smile. I wonder whether I can do three days without news reading.