Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Winter Will Never End


This small piece is not blurry.  It's so wispy and fragile that just breathing on it moves the fabric.  For the very first time in my quilting, fabric art, etc history I am working with the very tender-ist of fabrics.  That blue sky bit is filmy, floating there.  The largest (ha) bit was in one of Deb Lacativa's packages of Dyeworks Goodness.  The piece in the middle edge of the left side is a bit of my own painted fabric.  I'm channeling a Fragile Spring.

I added squares to all four sides of the hands-on patchwork base.  I have been "hand-pressing" it to settle the seams but might think about the iron just to see what happens.  Right now it has that rumpled, just got out of bed look.

Tomb Raider is what we saw at the movies yesterday.  Not that good. Angelica was better.  I'm thinking special effects ruin these movies.  More effort spent on them than the story or characters. I saw nothing in the previews that interested me.  And nothing that is "Now Playing" that we wanted to see.  There is a "heist" movie with Sandra Bullock--very Ocean's Eleven and a StarWars--Solo movie coming in the months ahead.  By then I will probably forget.  All is video game movies and violence.

We watched two episodes of the new season of Jessica Jones on Netflix.  Ugh.  I remember really enjoying the first season.  Too comic book.

Snow starting today.  Melting tomorrow, I hope, as I have a dentist appointment at 10am.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Nice art piece, I like it!