Saturday, August 04, 2012

Today's Breakfast Resolutions

Today's breakfast was ice cold leftover cucumber salad made with sliced cucumbers, dill, apple vinegar, sour cream and Greek yogurt.  I also changed my desk top calendar to August, finally, and have developed my usual summer allergy (to something I can never identify).  Here is photographic evidence of the past hour.  All those whites made me think cool summer thoughts.

The dog let me sleep late.  I think he would still be sleeping if I was.

Yesterday, after a horribly hot (the sun was just burning down on us out there in the yard) day at work I just wanted to come home and take a shower and be CLEAN & DRY.  G wanted to take me to Wendy's to get my favorite Baja Salad.  So we went, me dirty and him direct from watering the garden.  We had to drive far and maneuver thru town traffic with jay walkers.  And then we discover that we can only buy the half size salad.  They don't have the large size salad available.  My Fast Food Service husband started asking why they couldn't use two halves to make a large and they stared at him blankly and that's when I turned to him and said "because they can't" and we left, without food.   By the time we got back home, having followed so many lost tourists trying to find parking for the Music Theater production, I was ready to scream.  Instead I made a mushroom cream sauce for G's pasta and took a shower.  Then I reheated some of the chili I made Monday in the wiped out sauté pan and ate my dinner.  It must have been 8 pm.

I have a taker for several pounds of large zucchini.  I plan on driving it over to her in a few minutes. I have to finish watering the garden.  Walk the dog.

I traveled on the internet this morning and found THREE excellent zucchini recipes.  One is sort of a lasagna, the second is more of a pizza and the third is more of a breakfast experience.  I also have a breakfast muffin to try out (thank you, Jan)  which contains no zucchini but could be the answer to my breakfast egg problem. there were more GF recipes but I am NOT going out to buy any new ingredients ever again.  If it doesn't use things I already own--then I don't make it.  Period.

And, in case anyone even cares anymore, I am back to Atkins.  The carb cravings scared the beegezus out of me.  I was actually thinking of that frozen brownie all day. I even considered having some chocolate bread at work yesterday. Like the old days.  Like a drug addict.  I do not want to live like that anymore. Ever again.  So, if Atkins keeps the devil from my doorstep--then I will eat this way even if I don't lose any more weight.  In some very important ways, I think it was good to have strayed to other types of diets for a week or more.  It gave me perspective.  Made me appreciate low carb again.  Still don't want to eat eggs.  Still want to eat cereal.  But I can deal with it.

1 comment:

Jan said...

I tried the muffins today and they were pretty good. And I did add zucchini, chopped up fine and mixed in. I have to play with the recipe as I didn't really have quite enough cheese and I used paper liners which don't work well. But they were pretty tasty and worth another whirl.