Saturday, August 25, 2012

My 10 by 10 Carrots

So, so sorry about the blurry picture.  I was trying to get out of the house with the Carrots and to the drop off before they closed.  I think there will be a better picture on the official site when it is up and running.   Just stand back from the screen.  The original is really nice.  Bright and clearly, crisply focused.   I was amazed at the people there who knew ME and  remembered my work from the library displays.  That was such a surprise.  Another artist, who knows me, said that "only a Master Gardener could grow carrots this gorgeous".  Oh, My!!  Let's hope it sells.

I also decided to do a very thin turned binding with mitered corners on the Carrots.  I was gobsmacked when everything about the binding worked perfectly.  I did have problems with the sewing machine as usual.  The binding turned out so nice that I may do more of them on the 12 by 12's with raw edges.  It was a nice hand appliqué type job stitching the binding to the backside.

I also went grocery shopping and stopped at the bank to cash my paycheck.  I needed a few items for meals this week and I "needed" ten dollars to purchase a handblown vase (at the garage sale on my street) to make a terrarium.  It's tall and wide with a small mouth opening.  Perfect.

The garden is producing tomatoes now, green peppers and, pretty soon, green beans.  I will be frying my eggplant today and using the oriental thin eggplant from the garden to make a stir fry.  I was reading a wheat free blog and found an easy to remember list of acceptable foods.  Above ground vegetables only.  Makes it easy to remember.  And eliminates carrots from my diet.  I love carrots.