Monday, August 27, 2012

Cherry Tomatoes Organized

G lined up the tomatoes.  Sun Gold cherries.  Very sweet.  In short supply.  I only planted four plants and they are dwindling in the "fatigue" that is August here in Maine.  Spring came early and it looks like everything is a month sooner--and that will include WINTER.  So, the end of August is more like the end of September.

I am making the coconut flour  zucchini brownies one more time.  And I hope I can get the chemistry right (or better) so I don't experience that throat clogging dryness this time.  The recipe doesn't call for an egg but I am going to add one.

G worked very hard yesterday getting the house cleaned up.  Now I have to do my part.  We are having "company" this afternoon.  G is bringing home the Russian girl who has come to America to work in his McDonald's for the summer.   Last summer she worked in a McD's in Texas.  She thinks Maine is much better than Texas.  Well, so do I.  Anyway, I had been saying no to this visit all summer.  I hate being judged for my lack of housekeeping skills and the Russians are very judgmental regarding housekeeping.  She told G his McD's was "very dirty compared to a Russian McD's" and saw nothing wrong about saying this to her employer.

I decided to allow G to share his home, garden, dog and wife with this young lady--  as the comments on my housekeeping will be made in another country, on another continent and no where near me.  I decided I can live with that.  There must be any number of people saying uncomplimentary things about me, everyday, which I don't know about.

Did you know there is SCIENCE that says our self image and all our memories are illusionary.  We make it up.  None of it is actually real.  Our minds assemble a collection of memories at the start of the day, in hopes that it has chosen a nice collection suitable for a Monday.  Wonder why you are having a bad day?  Bad selection by the mind that morning.  This is also why no one in my family has any of the same memories of what I consider to be family history.  We all imagined a different history.  We are related but living entirely different, illusionary lives.

So, I will imagine the Russian girl is saying nice things about my housekeeping when she is back in Russia next week.  I just wish my memory had selected better memories of cleaning for me today.

I have to straighten up the living room and the sunporch.  Dog toys everywhere in the living room, which is just a big dog playpen.  Shoes and gardening mess in the sunroom along with grocery bags and the paper bags filling up with my Yard Sale Items.

I vacuumed my car out on Saturday, washed the car windows, and wiped all the dirt from work out of the interior. The tractor drives past the parked cars sifting dirt inside the partly opened windows. Then I breaded and fried the two eggplants I had sliced and salted last week.  I ate one third of the eggplant as soon as I was finished cooking.  Excellent.  I still haven't paid the bills and the pile is growing.

My daughter just called.  The cat is having serious heart failure problems and is now on injected Lasix. And to make things much more interesting, my daughter fell out of bed and broke her seventh rib.  She is taking pain meds and is having trouble breathing herself.  I will be needed to go get drugs.  Happy Days.

1 comment:

MariMo said...

Show the Russian girl your quilts - who cares about housekeeping when you have things like that to show?