Sunday, November 14, 2010

Starting Over Again

Of the next section of my life.  The waistband of the "loose" pants is too tight.  I finally stood on the scale. Sad.  But I remember eating everything that added to the weight gain.  All the little bites of donuts.  Coffee cake. Chips. Bread. Ice Cream. Pasta. Larger bowls of cereal.  Fewer salads.  I have only myself to blame.

The picture at the top is from my Paper/Pen Journal.  I am joining (sort of) the "30 days of drawing a line" group activity.  I had this page already segmented with circles.  This morning I began filling the circles with lines.  I know that we are "supposed" to be drawing our lines on 6 inch squares of fabric (15 minutes maximum each day) but I don't want to mess with ruling pens and diluted acrylic paints.  I did enough of that in Lettering class in college.  And got two F's for my efforts.  I think I might try to make some lines on fabric, later, with thread.  My favorite lines are the ones made with the black brush pen.  I like the uneven-ness of the line.  My favorite brush pen is no longer available at Artist Supply.

I have laundry, ironing, plant watering and grocery shopping to do.  I also have to dig out the diet diary and calorie count book.  I am determined to lose the 30 pounds I have gained since I stopped walking 3 miles a day.  And I am going to try to eat 1200 calories a day.  Even if it means skipping lunch every day.  I will NOT buy larger pants (even though I have purchased two large pairs of pants recently just to have something comfortable to wear.  I should never have done that.  Tight pants is a constant reminder of the weight.

G tried to change our Apple Mail page over to Comcast this morning.  Should have been simple.  Didn't happen.  This whole Comcast thing is really getting tedious.  I have to go to a separate site to read email. And I like the email page I have had for over ten years.  This is when I wish my son lived nearby and could just "fix" it.  I'm sure it's something incredibly simple.  We just can't see it.  G was on the phone with Comcast support and they gave up and said "call Apple".  Well, Apple is not our mail provider.  Comcast is.  The Apple page just has a place where you can insert your provider.  It worked perfectly with Suscom and now that Suscom has become Comcast you would think it would still work.  No.

Just one more thing to annoy me.

4 comments:

Terry Grant said...

That drawing is terrific. It makes me very happy.Wonderful spontaneity in those confident lines.

dee said...

that reminds me of those zentangle drawings that I like so much. I like the fact that it's much more free and easy looking.

Customer.Connect.Melissa said...

Hello!

My name is Melissa and I came across your blog post. I'd like to apologize for the trouble here and get you some help. Please email our team at the address below with a link to your post and the phone number associated with your account. We'll get this addressed for you.

gema said...

uhhmmm!!! Customer.Connect.Melissa...
Was that for real?

I am loving YOUR lines...
very much, might try some too tonight.

Yes, that weight loss thingy....1200 cals/day is hard and especially if you are doing manual labour. How about trying 1500 instead? You might lose more slowly but probably won't be tempted to break the course.

I am planning on trying to eat the amt of calories that is required to maintain my body at my normal (notice I didn't say IDEAL) weight and see how it goes. I don't like dieting. Would much rather 'Friß die Hälfte' translated: 'Eat half the portion'.
'Friß' is kind of a crude way to say it because animals 'fressen' people 'essen'! lol...