Monday, November 15, 2010

Home With The Furnace Repair Gal

Yes, the not so warm showers should have been warning enough that things were not great in the basement.  The boiler just stopped working sometime yesterday afternoon and I noticed it around bedtime when I had to wash my face with cold water.  Boiler is 24 years old.  80% efficient last time they checked. I wonder if she has the furnace's service record with her?

I went to work, called my energy company, worked for 90 minutes and now here I am blogging while the tech does what she can to get service up and running (if possible).  And Yes, the tech is a woman and isn't that great!  I hope they are paying her the same as the men.  I could have left her here alone with the garage door open all day but small animals are looking for a warm spot and I don't want any more than usual in the garage.  Riley would find them I'm sure, but why take chances?

Nothing to do at work anyway.  But once we know what is happening with the boiler, I will go back to work.  It may be time for a new unit. I wonder how long that process takes?

I can work on my lines if I can keep my hands warm.  OH, I hear it rumbling.  It's ALIVE!

No comments: