Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dark Shoes/Dark Days

G was searching for something in the closet and found a brand new pair of black CROCS that I must have purchased and then forgotten.  Or, perhaps, I was thinking ahead to winter?  Let's pretend that I was "thinking ahead".  They are dark, a bit stiff and fit my mood this week.  The time change and the darkness. But a coworker pointed out that in five weeks the days will be getting longer.  An optimistic view.  Which I will adopt.

It's been raining all morning.  Riley has gone out to do his business and just sit and be depressed in the rain. He did enjoy being toweled off on his re-entry.  We both slept in until 10 am.  Such luxury.  I had a 210 calorie toasted baguette with blackberry jam for breakfast.  My diet is going well after 2 days.  I don't feel hungry and my will power is strong.  I think I have added up to 1200 each day but then have to add the thermos of coffee.  If I could use sugar free and fat free products that would be zero.  I am not comfortable with the chemicals in these two items.  G is less absent minded since he switched to real sugar.  And my pants are buttoning easier already.

I have been changing the email addresses on things coming in on the suscom email.  All by myself.  I think someone should give me one of those "superstar" stickers to wear on my sweatshirt all day.

I have the bedsheets in the wash, have a haircut appointment at 4.30, the next page in my paper journal has been coated in black gesso and is now dry and ready for white pencil and neocolor "lines" for the line project.  I am reading Slow Love and not really enjoying it.  Her blog is much better.  And I think that's because she covers one topic and then I can move on.  This book is all over the place.

DWTS.  OMG.  Those Tea Baggers are really screwing with the process. And the judges had to start talking about the American system of voting etc.  Politics.  I knew the Pistol wasn't going home when I saw her mom in the audience (she has a new show starting on cable this week).  But I screamed with delight when that PHONY Brandi was sent packing after getting her first 30.  I never could see what the judges saw in her dancing.  She always looked wooden and lifeless.

One of my favorite new shows was cancelled --Whole Truth.  When they do this I wish they put out a DVD of all the episodes they broadcast and all the ones we never got to see.  I think 3 or 4 million viewers were watching and some of us would like to see all the episodes.  Isn't that something when 3 or 4 million viewers isn't enough?  My friend K is trying to get me to try Netflix.  I told her that we find it difficult to watch the stuff we record without adding more stuff.  G and I don't sit and watch two or three movies in a row on a day off.  I hardly watch any movies.

Today I think I will sort the piles of unfiled paid bills and then clean out the file drawer and put the newer bills in the files and then shred.  That will take my mind of eating and the office will look neater and we'll be able to find stuff.  By then it will be time to go get my haircut.  I don't see Riley and I going for a walk in this pouring rain.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I am enjoying the DWTS kerfuffle. It seems to me that there are many more people in this country who can't stand the Palins so wouldn't that work against Bristol? I was getting bored with the show and hadn't watched earlier in the season but I do love it when something upsets the status quo. And I'm with you on Brandi. There's no cash prize involved...I find the *outrage* amusing.
I'm shredding piles of outdated clutter today, too. Feels good. Like slowly loosening pants.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

What a lovely day when you find a new pair of CROCS in your closet. Actually, I think we can expand that to "what a lovely week."

gema said...

I thought it quite funny that you actually found a new pair of crocs that you had forgotten about.

My red crocs make me very happy beneath my white trousers at work....love them!
I don't wear crocs with holes, I hate to think what could splash on my toes!!! I think I'd die, don't even like my feet getting wet in the rain.