Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chair Two- Line Project

I flipped through a magazine until I found a chair that I liked the shape of and then I drew it, straight on.  Not exact but not a contour drawing.  I may try that next.  I love the way a contour drawing morphs the subject into something "else".  Not quite what you had in mind.  Sort of like the parallel world in Fringe. I was also considering drawing the chairs in my living room.

I finished my book last night.  A bit of a poof at the end, but still good. Like the roller coaster.  All the excitement is packed into the beginning and middle and by the time you get back to the gate, you are exhausted and bewildered.  I think I will start the second book this evening.  Still nothing on television.

Work again.  Another long day.  I have a full Thermos of coffee and little else.  Can't find anything for lunch in the fridge.  We are working our way through the leftover Thanksgiving dinner (I had to make a second batch of gravy last night).  Brussels sprouts are finished and so is the cranberry sauce.  G has another serving of turkey and then that is finished also.  The stuffing, green bean casserole and sweet potatoes will run out at the same time, probably at lunch (G) or dinner (me) today.  And I can make potato cakes out of the remaining mashed potatoes.  Then I will have to COOK again.  Black Bean Bisque I think for lunches, laced with plenty of heavy cream.  We still have pie.

I mixed up a batch of Pumpkin Dip to serve with Gingersnaps.  It's a combo of cream cheese, pumpkin, brown sugar and spices which tastes like pumpkin pie filling.  A bit too loose, I think, and not cheesy enough.  If the crowd at work doesn't eat it, I will bring it back home and turn it into a pumpkin tiramisu.  Why even take it to work now that I have this delicious new idea?  But I promised them a treat.

We put our names in the Secret Santa box yesterday and as soon as everyone has their name in, we will pick our secret santa recipient.  As usual, the anticipation was greater than the actual final gift last year, which was a disappointment for me. But I had a great deal of fun choosing what to give my person.  And wrapping the gift so it looked fabulous. Yesterday people were talking about the things they had gotten last year and how much they loved the gifts. Do you find the wrapped gift so much more exciting than what is inside?  I can imagine all sorts of delights under the wrapping.  That's my problem, I guess.  I imagine things that couldn't possibly exist in a wrapped present.  For me.  Reality never matches up to fantasy in my head.  That is probably why I never want anyone to buy me a gift anymore.  I'm fiddling with my "new" Hello Kitty" watch as I type.  G brought it home for me.  A Happy Meal Toy.  I'm trying to like it.

No comments: