Saturday, November 13, 2010

And I Thought Today Was Sunday

And didn't get up when the alarm went off and was 90 minutes late for work.   I am even using an old photo at the top of the post rather than take a picture of anything in the dark as it's now 6 pm.  I also realized that I had left my thermos of good coffee at home while halfway to work.  So I stopped at the Dunkin Donuts and oh, my, was it seedy.  It's like all the people in town that no one else will hire, work there.  All at once.  There were so many people behind the counter.  It was like going to a cheap circus. I almost was not going to buy coffee. But I did.

I repotted more plants today than I ever have in one day.  And a few of the customers were real divas.  That is always dangerous because if you say or do something to set them off, they go running to find the boss.  To tell him just how evil we are.  Oh, it's good times at work somedays.  I had one woman, at closing today, who brought in a pothos with long leafless stems with a small poof of leaves about 20 feet from the pot.  She wanted them repotted but not trimmed.  I said that "if left to do this by myself" I would have cut them back a great deal.  And she said "and I would have been very mad and you DON'T want to make me mad".  I said, "I could see that". Oh, yes, I could see that.  She's a real fav with the employees.

G and Riley are asleep on the dog bed.  I think I am going to take a shower and put on my pajamas.  I ate red bean chili for lunch today with two little sourdough rolls and I had a few items off the snack table.  I think I have had enough to eat today.  But I can have a cup of coffee out of my Thermos.  I have a book I can read and some mail to look at, catalogs etc.  And television.  And sleep.

I plan to be be more interesting tomorrow.  I wrote it down on the "To Do" list.

No comments: