Friday, November 26, 2010

And Then There Was Pie

A day late, but who cares?  Dinner yesterday was delicious.  The brined turkey was tender, moist and velvet textured.  Even my daughter loved it.  And ate it.  But G didn't feel well after eating half his dinner (queasy) and so that kind of ended the celebration part of the meal.  I packed the food, washed the dishes and played some Bananagram with my daughter.  G was resting on the couch.  We never even served the pie.

G and Riley had the day off today.  A day that began with sleet, cold, dark weather but included sun after lunch.  And a good walk in the woods.  And a squirrel to chase.  G managed a light lunch at 3 and is now enjoying his pie and coffee and reading the newspapers I brought him from work.

Work was slow.  We have lots of large corporate sales and that is a very good thing.  I watered, cleaned, counted and did various things as the day flew by, which, I believe, is a good thing.  More of the same tomorrow and I already packed leftover vegetable dishes for my lunch.

I missed the real excitement on Wednesday as one employee had a varicose vein burst and because she has an ulcer near the vein, the blood escaped into a pool by her shoe.  The EMT's were called and compresses were pressed, leg was bandaged and blood was mopped up.  All is well.  I had no idea something like this could happen.  It was a VERY GOOD THING that I had the day off.

I think I will make a cup of tea and polish off the remainder of my piece of excellent pumpkin pie.  Question: Is chocolate pie on your Thanksgiving menu?  It's the pie mentioned first here in Maine.  Made with chocolate pudding mix and covered in Cool Whip.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Yes, I have done chocolate pie in the past as has many people in my family. Never realized it was a "Maine" thing. Now I only do a pumpkin for Thanksgiving day. That one is now gone so I'm thinking of doing the chocolate today or tomorrow.

: )