Saturday, January 06, 2024

Winter Notes- Saturday, January 6th Cloudy and 27 degrees


 The East Coast Snow Map with no little box saying what the colors mean...Useless.  And it's from the New York Times.......  in case you don't recognize Maine- we have a slice of pale yellow and then dark blue way up at the top jutting out into the Ocean.  I live like 10 minutes (driving) from the Ocean so....there's that.  I can't see it....or smell it.  I might like seeing it...never smelling it.

We went Grocery Shopping.  TODAY....we did it so that ALL the Lovely Women Worrying about my Safety...could rest easy.....we also stopped in at the Library..I got two books and returned a few.  

It's 12:39 and I already need to turn on house lights...And it's really bright outdoors so I have no idea what is going on with daylight.  Son went out to a gas station to add some air to one of the front tires on G's Jeep and to fill the Generator Gas Can.  And to tell me he was REALLY getting tired of this  (blank).. 

He also ate Chinese takeout leftovers for lunch.  I fried extra carrots and green beans to add to my leftover Lo Mein.  Never can have too many vegetables. But I am not hungry yet.....seems like I ate breakfast oatmeal only an hour ago.  And I think that is exactly what I did do.  Newspaper was dull.  Sports was dull.  Politics....sigh..... rehashing January 6th......sigh.  I watched recorded Civilizations (PBS).... Lovely images....I enjoyed it.  

I finished  my book before going to bed last night (very late)....and have to decide which book to read today.  I did get two new ones at the Library..no more than that...as I really should read some of the books I own.....I  recently bought all of my favorites that I check out at Library ALL THE TIME.....in case...I can't leave the house but now I can leave the house.....I think  my Lunch Buddy and I are having Lunch this coming week......I think she has lots to talk about..... and I am happy to listen and not make suggestions...  I hate people making suggestions when I just want to air out my complaints..."oh, you should...."  Just don't say it.   So that's me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! For midweek grocery shopping!