Monday, January 08, 2024

Winter Notes--- Monday, January 8th. Much to do about something so I am late posting.


 Postcards from Provence- Onions? Shallots?

It snowed...I was Almost Positive it would just rain...but there is 12 inches of Heavy Wet Snow out there.  My neighbor's plow guy came at midnight with his truck...he shoveled her walks but when I looked out to see how things were he very sadly told me he could not shovel the snow and did not have a snowblower- so no sidewalks got done.  Son did a bit of clean up this morning and a narrow shoveling to get from driveway to front steps....opening the back door is not possible.  Walking to the compost pile or Bird Feeders is not possible....when I mentioned that his father had run the snowblower around the yard to make paths- he said- "no wonder he had trouble making it run".

There is zero chance Son will be here next Winter.  Its only the 8th of January and he is "so over it".

We chatted (gingerly) about where I would BE next Winter...sigh.

Before we watched Football my best friend in Cleveland called. (and I missed the Bengal's game)....from 5th grade thru high school.  Once I went away to college we lost touch...her dad was worried I had "bad habits"--I didn't..  She went to college and lived at home.  We lost touch and then saw each other on one of my summer visits to Ohio from Florida.  A photo she took of me and my two small children was found in Gary's wallet when I emptied it.

I gave her the address for this blog- I hope what I gave her got her here!  Let me know, Diane.

My sister in law sent a link to a site selling Whimsical Botanical Fabric Art...... I really loved the way they look.  No turned edges, just layers of cut pieces and then some random stitches.  Very very interesting. I may have a photo and address for you all tomorrow...today I am a bit off center.  Emotional...Apprehensive......

About what comes next.... difficult for me to even type this post- ...sigh.  Well, I think I need to eat something.  Past lunchtime. Son polished off the Orange Chicken.  I will finish the Lo Mein- I did manage to add extra vegetables.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Garlic