Saturday, January 20, 2024

Winter Notes- January 20th- A Saturday. 14 degrees here in Maine.


 Shelter.  A tiny Tin House.  I would love to have this here in my House. I'll have to hunt for the name of the Maker....It's not here on the calendar.

Yesterday Patty called and we went to Target.  7pm.  Very DARK outside.  Very cold.  And Patty had not experienced the "NEW" round about.....which is pretty damn scary in the pitch dark...It's a "new to us" round about for the under construction new grocery chain store- and I have a complete zero in my head about it's name.   According to the Twins Dad--- this grocery has EVERYTHING.

We walked around Target.  This is my second visit this year.  And it was just as trashed and messy as the first visit.  Stuff on the floor, the shelves tossed......in the grocery section some aisles stocked and others bare.  No produce. Very little frozen.  Well stocked liquor.  Well stocked chips and snacks aisles.  

The overwhelming feeling that the store was a crime scene.  

I did find a very large container of oatmeal...and I bought it. I also bought a strange, yet wonderful assortment of cheesy cracker things...stuff that will make my fingers the same color as the snacks I eat.

I got back home and watched the Ben Franklin special on PBS.  I love the sound of the narrator's voice. .  I have seen it before...but History was supposed to be my college major...but wasn't....nothing was actually my college major.....I just took classes that looked interesting.  And, I feel well educated.  Not prepared for a JOB but.....educated.

Something is showing up on my sidebar....I have to ask Son what it is.  Either something of his or something my dead husband has included in my sidebar...this week.  Well, Oatmeal is ready for me to eat. and I have the newspaper to read.......and a bill.  Good tidings To You and to all a Merry Saturday.

 

1 comment:

Kim Carney said...

will have to look up the ben franklin pbs show