Saturday, October 17, 2020

Daily Notes- Saturday, October 17th


The photo  from yesterday.  Eventually, about a dozen showed up.  Around 8pm.  I had peeled, seeded and cubed a very small butternut squash and then baked until soft and slightly browned on the edges.  While that was finishing up, I boiled some macaroni and melted butter and tossed the squash with the pasta and added Parmesan cheese.  A nice riff on Mac and Cheese.  I have more for today's lunch.  A cold and wet day here in Maine.   You can also see my favorite knife.

A short 4.5 inch rectangular blade.  Almost the entire knife is shown here- Wusthof / Germany.  I have a rather large collection of this brand of knife.  Started in the 1980's in Germany and then a continued accumulation over the years in Chicago and here in Maine as Christmas gifts..  It has been mentioned that I should buy new quarter sheet pans.  But the ones I see on restaurant/cooking shows- they look worse than mine.  So...they stay.  I have parchment paper if I want things to "not stick",

I deleted political stuff from yesterday's post.  I had kept things to myself. Should continue that way.

Husband's tooth is not bothering him but he is bothering the place where the tooth was with his tongue. I told him to stop.  His toe now has only Neosporin and a regular bandaid.  And he has agreed to try using the small ball between his knees while doing his back exercises.  He did yesterday and said it felt so much better- durning and after the exercises.  So...today again.  He will use the ball.

We also spoke of doctor's visits etc being a form of "going" for him.  Going somewhere.  Not because he needs the medical attention.  He just wants attention.  Something to "do".  We talked for awhile of him finding something other than medical appointments to fill his day.  And not having the daily walk with the dog.  That was a big hole left in both our days. Nothing was decided.  There is really nothing right now and into the Dark Days of Winter when daylight is gone by 4 pm here in Maine.

I asked and husband had the same answer as I had.  The trees being gone has changed nothing.  It's still like a Grimes Fairytale out there.  Dark. Dark. Dark.  We still live in the woods and the trees suck up all the light.  And now.....with Winter..........

Dee, if you are reading this...I have 56 Hallmark bingo plot points so far.  

3 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Why should you delete political comments? Somebody complain? Tell them to fuck off. This is your blog. Tell me who and I'll light their asses up for you.

I'm in a mood.

Liz A said...

gotta say ... those tumbled cubes of squash are the perfect companion to my current stitching ... ha!

Joanne S said...

Laughing- My very own attack blogger!!!!