Monday, October 12, 2020

Daily Notes- October 12th- Columbus Day here in Maine


All the banks and public buildings are closed for the "holiday".  Why is it a "bank" holiday??? 

We were going to vote- will do it tomorrow.  Early voting here in Maine.  Very chilly today- in the high 40's.  Damp.  No sunshine right now.  House lights on.  Red sweater on.  Second re-heating of my coffee. Husband mixing seeds for the birdfeeders. Birds are really EATING!!!

Picture is of my very very cheap set of pens being used to color "color by number" pictures in a book.  I started out trying to match pens to numbers but gave up.  I didn't like the colors.  So, now, its what ever color I like or whatever pen still has ink in it. You can see- by comparison to the regular sized pen- the little color sticks are very small.  Run out of ink just when they shouldn't.  But I like coloring.  Mindlessly filling in spaces.  I think the set is from the Dollar Store.  In England they are called Pound Shops.

Football was a waste of time but did see the gory live shot of the quarterback's ankle breaking and the bone- the long shin bone sticking out.  They never replayed it.  What sort of horrible emotional pain to know you will never again be able to do what you loved doing?  His face.  The tears.  The knowing. Straight to an ambulance and into surgery.  Later pictures showed him in the hospital smiling.  Drugs. I sent positive thoughts his way.

Patriots were supposed to play Tuesday but now cancelled until the week after.   

My doctor's office called.  Only Zoom is covered by insurance.  We have very iffy "live" internet.  So- my choice is no doctor visit or to actually go into the office tomorrow. In person.  Will be going to office.  See how that goes.  With my cold.  Should be fun.  

More fun than the robo calls from "Mark" and Senior Benefits (via India).  Or the call from a woman saying my name (from recorded letters) and saying "if this is your name press "5".  I did not.  Then "if this is not your name- press "3""  I did not.  Land lines are so annoying but I need one if cell service goes out.

I need a cookie.

1 comment:

Liz A said...

we got warm, homebaked cookies delivered by my daughter yesterday ... nothing better