Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Daily Notes- October 28th- COVID cases still in the 40 plus range each morning.


It's SNOWING!!!!  Not cold enough on the ground for it to stick- but I am watching it snow.  We still have leaves all over the lawn.  This has happened before here in Maine.  Snow covered Fall Leaves. Today's snow is rather weak.  It won't do much of anything.

My pile of books.  The Honey Don't List.  That's my Life right now.

The Split Pea Soup- followed the recipe to the letter- came out "watery" which is not a modifier one would choose with split pea soup.  I filled the quart jars and let them cool- the water came to the top so I spooned it out.  The soup tastes good- but thin.  I hope the removal of two cups of water solves some of the problem.

I watched Storage Wars and Hallmark Movies yesterday.  A total waste of a day.  I did dress Muffy in her Halloween costume for her Halloween photo on the blog.  I was surprised to find she only had one Halloween costume.  I am guessing that is all she actually would need.  But I thought I had bought her a pumpkin costume.  I had not.

I managed to do a load of wash this morning.  It's in the dryer now.  I was going to do a second load but there is just not enough.  So I'll wait a day or two.  The load I did was mostly the clothing husband wears to do outdoor chores.  Husband was out early today to get his HD Flu shot and he registered his trailer so he can safely travel to the Town Dump without getting a ticket.

My neighbor at the far end of the road- house #2- emailed me that she has another armload of magazines for me.  Wow.  I love it when she brings them.  Gun and Garden and Maine Design.  I tear out images for paper collage.  I have a good selection right now.  But always wanting more.  The Maine Design magazines used to have wonderful full color pictures of art.  I used tons of them in my many journal pages over the years.  I would paste the art work in the journals and then fill in with words on the empty spaces. The last journal is not finished- It was started during the house construction way back when.  Full of pictures but no writing as it was chaotic around her for so so long.  Now I write in the lined notebooks I started using for the Morning Pages.  Now those notebooks get filled  with writing when I do laundry.  I did two pages while the one load of wash was going.  The washing machine behaves well- if I am in attendance.  I find the writing sitting there in the bathroom watching the washing machine do it's work- are more honest and true than the Morning Pages ever were.  Perhaps because they do not happen every day. I think they will be interesting to read someday.

We are finally out of ice cream.  That is one less thing for me to think about.  


2 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

like the image of writing with the washing machine...being more honest

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Heat Wave looks good, I've ordered it from the online library. Was hoping to pick up a real book from my library but they don't have it. Thanks for letting us see your stack of books.