Monday, October 05, 2020

Daily Notes- October 5th


I was walking out over the back lawn to toss a few more rotting tomatoes into the compost bins - when I saw these roses- bent over and face down in the grass.  Their stems are weak- even in water and a  vase- they are facing downward dog.  I had to lift their heads to get this picture.  Lovely fragrance.

The Tree people are back.  No chipper so the piles of debris and branches cover the entire back lawn. I lodged a complaint.  The one man who would speak on the subject--said not today.

I took an allergy tab after breakfast.  I think I might be having my Fall pollen allergies a bit late- usually by my birthday in mid September; I have a running nose and very very itchy eyes.  My eyes feel dry but the nose is beginning to leak more each day.  I am not outdoors much.  Not inhaling pollen.

At the grocery- I must have looked odd and confused.  Odd or Old.  I did have on a sweater no one else had on a sweater.  I don't now- I changed to a cooler clothing when I got home.  Anyway-- in the grocery- I was offered help in finding things, on where to store my cart after I emptied it (a man, of course), and the clerk who checked out my groceries was very careful....  when I got in the car- first thing I did was check my hair.  I imagined it was all bed hair and wacky.  No.  And none of my clothing was inside out.  These are things I saw while working at the greenhouse.  When old people came in to shop.  And I had on shoes not bed slippers.

Which was really comforting to check all those boxes in the NO column.

I bought a can of split pea soup.  Giving it a try.  Making my own pot of soup- there is just too much soup and I feel obligated to eat it.  Who wants to feel obligated to eat soup???  I could do the math and make a smaller pot of soup.  I could.  Will I?  No.  Unless the canned soup is really terrible.

 I looked long and hard at the special milk I buy for myself- decided I had enough- got home- I needed milk.  Well, it can wait until Friday's visit to the library.  I am done being out and about.  I got two big cartons of oatmeal.  That's my cereal right now.  Warm cereal.  The cold bowl of shredded wheat wasn't comforting in October. "Around the Time it Begins to Snow" (which in Maine could be soon)- I switch again to Cream of Wheat with butter, sugar and cinnamon.  But you know all this.  You know me.

3 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

You should shock yourself once in a while with food choices. I've had chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese for breakfast and Cheerios for dinner.

Liz A said...

better yet ... dessert for breakfast (my favs are apple pie and strawberry trifle ;)

Joanne S said...

Well, I baked my friend's wind fall peaches into a cobbler yesterday- that sounds like an excellent breakfast.
The tree guys are here. Making mulch. Wood chips. Waking up the neighbors.