Saturday, October 24, 2020

Daily Notes- October 24th. Are we in the fifth circle of Hell yet?


I stepped out on the front porch to take this picture.  The red shrub right of center is Purple Smoke Bush. The leaves on the large Smoke Bush print so nice on steamed cloth.  On this small leaf variety- no.  My yard is very colorful.  I had to open and close the door quickly as the very clean white w/ grey stripe stray cat was on the porch.  I am always afraid he will run inside the open door. He's been neutered. He seems very lonely.  Very astute hunter.  Always something in his mouth that he captured.

The Sun is nowhere to be seen today.  I have all the house lights on. Need to take off the shirt and pull on a sweater.  I do have on wool socks.

I got my 2nd dose Shingles shot yesterday at 5 pm on the dot.  The muscles in my arm are sore.  But that's all. I slept very well.   The Pharmacist gave me the shot (over $200 without insurance) and said that the soreness is caused by the material added to the vaccine- which makes it's intake into the system more complete.  Never know what sort of information one can get even getting a shot.  I had Shingles once.  That was enough for me.  

Breakfast of Champions today- Bagel followed by a gluten free coconut cookie.

I was happily surprised to get an envelope of fabric pieces in the mail.  So lovely.  Thank you Liz.  I have an envelope in the mailbox out by the street coming back to you.  And I need to buy washi tape.  That was such a nice touch.  My return envelope is held closed with Scotch tape.

I am reading book three.  Musical family.  Woman living in a falling down Summer house that she doesn't take care of. ... she hardly takes care of anyone including herself.  I am close to the end.  They are all going to do "mindful eating and meditation" and I guess it will all end happily ever after (when they stop drinking and smoking weed) and they fit into their wedding clothes. New York people in Connecticut.  Farmy Connecticut. Who knew???  This book-- number three- could have used a more aggressive editing. There are side characters more interesting than the ones highlighted. 

Would I read this one again? No. Recommend it to you- No.  I am wondering if book three is the first book this author wrote?  That happens.  Publisher figures it will get purchased and then we'll say what????


2 comments:

Liz A said...

you're welcome ... I'm new to washi tape so I only have a few little rolls ... it's fun stuff so I put it on my Xmas wish list

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Your picture is so lovely. I'd love more pictures of your yard.