Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Daily Notes- October 21- Furnace On.


I had a long wait- holding still.  Waiting for one of the birds to gather his or her seeds where I could get a picture.  This little feeder that sticks to the back window is very popular with small birds.  They grab some seeds and then go over to the deck to work on cracking the seeds open.  No where for squirrels to hold on when they try and "make a leap for it".

I have the furnace on to get temps here in the house up to 64.  And the house lights are on.  It's dark in here even at 1 pm in the afternoon.   

I'm a bit late posting.  Husband went out for foot doctor appointment and never came home.  I made some calls to his cell phone but he had it set not to ring.  Or, that is his story and he won't admit to setting it so I could not call him. He did seem confused.  Who knows.  He has the phone connected to his hearing aids. He was wearing them.  But he is home now.  And not lost.

The book I am reading- Small Admissions by Amy Poeppel is very confusing.  There are at least four (but so many extra women floating in and out)- two are sisters but all four went to school together but now are living in New York City.  But many times in the writing it is not clear who is speaking.  A paragraph will begin "I was trying to help........" but no identifier as to who is speaking.  And now we have more characters- parents of children applying for admission to a private school where Kate has gotten a job. 

Kate is the main character.  She left everything to fly to Paris for a man.  He told he he wasn't interested when her plane landed- had changed his mind about her.  There she was ..... having left her job, sublet her apartment, standing in Paris at the airport, alone.  The guy walked off- left her there alone.  Her brother in law bought Kate a return ticket while she sobbed on the phone with her sister.

Kate.  Is a mess.  A very well educated mess.  There are many "men" we meet-- in the pages-- ever so slightly- hard to know who is who.  One of the four women is now having drinks in a bar with the Paris guy.  He's in New York.  The author doesn't give us the name of the woman- she is writing in first person. "I am meeting Robert in a bar for drinks".  That sort of first person. Who are you????  Is it even worth finding out?  Perhaps there are clues to identify I am missing?????

I have sufficient sprinkle supplies to make Confetti Cookies for husband if I want to do that.  I made pizza dough yesterday morning and forgot about it until bedtime when I saw a pizza commercial on tv.  Bowl of dough is now in fridge.  Pizza dough is super forgiving.  I can bake it today or tomorrow.  Whatever.  Well. I am going to return to my book and find out who is at the bar with Robert.  I don't think it is Kate.

No comments: