Monday, September 03, 2018

Daily Notes- September Three


Image from Pixbay

Squares are on my mind.  Well, they have been on my mind since the white out days of last Winter. December until March it seemed.  This image reminds me of the 1.5 inch squares I cut and stitched by hand into rectangles.  Pages.  One for each month but I stopped in May. Variations in tone of the whites I used.

Gardening took over and still takes up much of my time.  That and trying to color fabric with mordant and plants.  Right now I have a quarter yard of fabric and sumac berries in a plastic bag, in a clear plastic salad container--out in direct Sun.  I check it daily and turn the plastic bag.  It gets pretty hot. The color of the cloth in the bag is a dark old fashioned rose pink.  I think--from experience-- it will rinse out much lighter. So I am leaving it out there for a few more days-or a week.

The recent high humidity has sapped the energy of all three of us--me, G and the dog.  I didn't even check my tomatoes on Monday.  It was even too hot to get in the car and visit Dairy Queen.

I've got three classes to teach at the greenhouse for the Fall season.  Perennials, Bulbs and in October Beds To Rest.  Will be fun to visit with everyone and hear all the chit chat.

I spent yesterday and today watching the Summer Movie Countdown on Hallmark.  Well, I recorded them on TiVo first.  No titles were listed.  So the number one movie would be shocking surprise.  I recorded and deleted the ones I had watched recently and didn't want to watch again.  The only shocking surprise was how terrible most of them are.   The Pearl Movie surprised me.  It was actually pretty great.  In comparison.  I still don't know which movies were three, two and one.  I got tired of watching them.  So, tomorrow I have to fast forward thru the last three.  G was happy to take a very long nap on the couch.  Riley was happy to sleep also.  

And that was the Labor Day Holiday.



2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Hope the days get a bit less hot so you can go to Dairy Queen! Wish I could take your classes.

Joanne S said...

You know, I often think of having a gardening blog. But anyone reading this can ask questions if they have any.