Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Daily Notes- September Nineteen


Another day. Another Year. Another Chair.

From the Style-Files blog.  Hard to separate form from style here.  Would the fabric work so well if the chair had a different shape?  The shape of the chair is very Mid-century Modern.

I am reminded of my mother changing us from 1940's cozy to modern in one furniture purchase.  Long low modern couch in coffee brown and two sling back orange chairs.  Coffee and end tables to match.  Tall strange lamps.  I didn't have much time with these new items--they appeared as I disappeared to freshman year in college.  My mother expressing her joy at having me out of the house.  Far away.

Riley and I went out to get the paper as usual this morning.  And I used the plastic bag which held  the newspaper to hold picked tomatoes and bell peppers.  Carry them until we got inside the house.  A car was idling in front of the neighbor's house--conversation.  Riley needs to be present for these things. So I had Time while waiting for the dog to satisfy his curiosity.

Daughter came by late yesterday afternoon with birthday donuts (we prefer them to cake)--raspberry filled for me--and a light, swing bottomed cardigan for me, also. She shops thrift stores.  Something light to wear as seasons change over.  And she had me try it out to see if it "itched".  We are both sensitive to "itchy" fibers.  It didn't.  Itch.  My son had recounted not liking odors at work when people ate lunch at their desks.  I raised "sensitive" children?

I am building jars of iron (rust) water and copper (old pennies) water in the still sultry warm vestibule (for my plant based dye work).  I went thru the top few inches of the coin collection urn belonging to G.  Looking for pre 1982 pennies actually made of copper.  Easily found.  They had darkened almost to black while being stored in the jar.  Many from 1969.  A good year for pennies?


No comments: