Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Daily Notes- September 18


It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To.  Happy Tears.  I am Seventy Two Years On This Planet.

My son called me from California this morning and we talked so long that he was going to be late for work.  We scheduled his annual visit.  Which is the best gift of all.

G had a pile of gifts on the table this morning.  A new Orchid for my collection and a gift card so I can buy plants at "another" greenhouse --  where I don't (didn't) work.  Which will be tons of fun in the Spring.  Looking forward is always a real treat.

I had so many potential posts being written inside my head while I was sleeping.  Odd, dark and sad.  You won't be reading any of those today.  Going forward.  Letting all of that "history" fall away. Just learning to let go and move forward.

I asked my son about phones that aren't Apple.  He said no.  Androids after 36 years with Apple--just not going to be anything I would enjoy.  He knows my interests and capabilities.  He said I could get an iPhone AND an iPad and then just walk away from the desk top completely.  The desk top I am sitting in front of right now--where you are......where I talk to you.  Thinking about it.

But the phone.  Talking to people I only know from the blog.  What would that be like?  Even with the written word I can be misunderstood.  I think it could be a challenge.  And mostly I just miss taking pictures.  Not using it as an actual "phone".  Mostly I see people sending text messages to each other.  How is that different from email?  No one actually talking.

Excellent yearly horoscope this morning and my daily forecast has five stars.  Most excellent. Let's all eat cake!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Mmmm, I'll enjoy that piece of cake with you. Glad you are having a good day!

Annie

Deb Lacativa said...

Happy Birthday! Since you kept it under your hat, your gift will be a little late, but I Know you'll squeal. He's right about going mobile. You won't regret it! Nice that you have a techie you can trust.

DianeN said...

I tried to leave a message yesterday but for some reason it wouldn't post. I hope you had a lovely birthday and I wish you many happy, healthy returns of the day.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

well...i got it right LAST month...i guess that's something....
but...Happy Birthday and Everything!!!

love,