Thursday, September 06, 2018

Daily Notes- September 6


When the sky is blue and the sunflowers are tall.

I have tomatoes and green beans to pick today.  We were supposed to have rain.  There are a few clouds but it's still very humid and "icky" outside.  We woke up to the sound of text messages coming in on my husband's phone.  Daughter about the "tree".  She can never stop worrying about something.

Read a damn fine book yesterday.  The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware.  She also wrote The Woman in Cabin 10 and the Lying Game.  I wouldn't recommend reading either of the other books.  But the new book was awesome.  I read straight through as I just "had to".  I like when a book is like that.  And it was on the seven day shelf at my library.

More books have come in.  So, another trip into Town today.

We tried not to watch the news shows this week.  But were intrigued at 11pm by news that some White House cabinet people are considering the 25th Amendment.  Overthrowing the President.  My money is on the Vice President because he's tired of waiting his turn.

I just got an "emergency" robocall from the Republican Party. Gotta hurry and save Brett. Nope.

Well, I have nothing more to add.  I have a cold chicken to shred into chicken salad.  Later!





2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Now have that book on hold at my library - thanks!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

the tree crisis IS trauma, but remind daughter that it

CAN NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

it DID happen. But it is Over and it can never happen again. Ever.