Saturday, September 08, 2018

Daily Notes- September 8


Image from Art Propelled  (looks like dry point on copper)

Time here is complicated.  I spend Time finding things that G has lost.  Can't remember where he put it or had it last.  I ask when the appointment is with his doctor.

Yesterday and the day before when Time stretched out and we had no Power--I kept going to the sewing room/office and looking with longing at the sewing machine and the small piles of squares waiting for me.  Today, with Power, I have loads of washing to do.  Sheets to change.  Tomatoes to process before we are over run by fruit flies.  Now I have Power and no Time.

I am also trying to get what is already cooked--eaten.  Not make more.

I went out to the back raised bed garden and picked green beans.  A lot of them.  I am trying to think of a way to eat them that isn't raw (but raw is good).  I had purchased Greek olives and Feta back in Time.  I was thinking of a Greek Salad with Tomatoes and Peppers.  Perhaps I should just make one up?  Add red onion.  I have no cucumber.

Back in the early 1980's the children and I spent 10 days in Greece.  Happy Days.

I should have packed the fried eggplant into freezer bags.  By now it's no longer safe to eat.

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Yes!! Make one up!!

DianeN said...

I agree. Make one up. You'll come up with something better than any recipe you find.