Sunday, September 16, 2018

Daily Notes- September Sixteen


Today is the MOST frequent birthdate (not mine) as written in today's newspaper.  Isn't that interesting.  The other Fun Fact is that most people are born in the months of July, August and September.  (my son, daughter and me)

My photo is from Bon Appetite.   Spring rolls made with bits of vegetable produce from the garden. Carrots and red cabbage are visible.  More than likely a mix of fresh herb leaves.  Mint, tarragon, parsley and celery leaves.  Basil of course.   I find the spring roll wrappers quite "slimy" in mouth feel so I usually wrap everything in a nice "tenderized" collard leaf.   Not as "see thru pretty" but still tasty.  Well, I would if my collard greens hadn't been eaten by bugs.  I assume the dipping sauce is made with peanut butter.

Riley has just arrived home from what sounds (very loud panting) like a vigorous walk in the woods. We are humid.  Humid is not good for dog breathing (or human).  Yesterday, in the late afternoon the clouds came down and settled onto the lawn.  It was very weird.  We couldn't see three feet ahead of us.  Just clouds.  Very moist.  Today sunshine.  Clear.

We are now going off to Goodwill be see if there are any "treasures".  Last week there were none. Then I am having my Anniversary Hot Fudge Sunday.  One day late.

Note****  Tenderizing just means massaging leaves of kale or cabbage or collards with a bit of salt and your fingers to break up the stiff tissues and make the greens more pliable.  Doing this with kale makes for a more easily eaten salad.  with collard green leaves--easier to roll up tightly around the other veggies.

No comments: