Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Daily Notes- September 4


Eggplant, cheese, grilled onion, basil "burger".

The grilled red onions always look like roses to me.  And this sandwich looks delicious.
We had sliced ripe tomatoes, cheese and basil on large plates drizzled with good olive oil and Balsamic vinegar for lunch today.  A nice baguette.  Didn't have wine.  Should have. And later Dairy Queen.

A quiet day.  Still hot and humid and supposed to have high winds and rain on Thursday. Which will most likely be the end of the tomato and pepper plants.  G and have thought about laying the plants and Grow Boxes on their backsides for the storm if it comes.  Then set them upright the day after. It won't be easy.

I'm reading a book I have vague memories of reading long ago.  A few of these books seem familiar in an odd way.  When I read them years before I had different opinions of the actions and characters. One book had made me very angry about the way a lead character was treated.  This time reading it--there wasn't anything to feel angry about.  Nothing was done to make me think the lead character was being mistreated.  Why had I felt there was that first time?  Was it something in MY life that made me feel that way?  Something to consider as I read books.

Things are feeling much easier and more gentle these first days of September.  Change is in the Air.  I'm going to have that glass of wine now.


No comments: