Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What I Made At Art Club

The group was investigating image transfers.  They had gotten of list of about five of the easiest (simplest) techniques off YouTube and had a list of supplies (which they had or purchased for everyone to use) and even had copies of images to share.  That's what I like about this group.  They share and they dive right in.

The surface I worked on was a shared piece of watercolor paper.  The leaf was a shared photocopy.  (I had arrived directly from work and had nothing with me) The picture of shirts is from an artist show postcard.  The leaf was a gel medium transfer and the shirts a packing tape transfer.  The two items benefited from a days worth of drying before I wet them and rubbed the paper off.

My "art school" background slipped out.  I just had to gently suggest that several images could be stacked on top of each other; and they could even be applied to a textured or painted background.  I had made a bookmark with a wooden Pinochio image and added "landscaping" wings. Transparent images are begging to be layered.

Not that these women aren't artists.  Several had TWO pieces in the recent 10x10 and sold both.  From the conversation, I gathered that there are buyers who "collect" their work from year to year.  Now, that is very nice, indeed.  Next month, more transfers.  I'll bring the ones I have done on fabric.  I don't know if they realize you can transfer onto fabric, though one member wanted to transfer onto wood.

I arrived home at 8pm happy that I had attended Art Club and even more excited to find a large manila envelope and a magazine.  Thank you SO Much!!!!!!  I may have to renew my subscription.  There were so many articles and images that have me dizzy with ideas.  Quilting Arts/ Oct-Nov 2012.  My friend Deborah has an article inside which I need to read before working on my "Sweet" challenge.

I was up so early this morning to prep my pot roast for the crock pot.  Now the house is smelling so delicious and I have to peel potatoes and fix a vegetable.  Finally, a good dinner.

No comments: