Friday, April 27, 2012

My Week Of Cheating On My Low Carb Diet

Yes, I cheated.  I ate cereal for three days, then had a thin slice of well buttered bread on the fourth day (which was totally not worth it). I've also eaten fresh pineapple (it was overripe and I had to toss it) and organic mango with my yogurt which is also a "cheat" of sorts but allowed in the "new"Atkins.  I held the line at pasta which would be a huge cheat I am not willing to make.

Since my scale is permanently set on "zero" I can't weigh myself.  My clothes fit as usual everywhere but the waistband.  That seems a touch tight at different times of the day.  I have been spectacularly "regular" all week and that is like the best gift in the world to me right now.  No cravings. I did mix a drink flavoring (not Splenda) into my water at work and I felt instantly "hungry" so I won't make that mistake again.  It's the sweetener Coke puts into it's diet products.  Makes you want to eat more food.

In the world of diet cheating, this doesn't even begin to seem interesting.  There are people gorging on pizza, cake and potato chips when they cheat.  I wanted to see what would happen.  I wanted to test the waters with my toes and see how "safe" I was from temptation.

This is the genius of Atkins.  The lack of temptation when you eat the foods allowed.  I explained to a friend that I am rarely hungry, rarely if ever, tempted to eat the forbidden foods and that is such a revaluation to me.  I was always hungry before (65 years of being hungry).  I could eat anything and never be satisfied.  I always wanted more.  Always prowling around looking for something to eat.

The things I eat now, satisfy me.  A chemical miracle.

I just thought I would share that this morning.  I've returned to the egg, sausage breakfast.  I added kale. I have no idea what to pack for lunch today--it's cold/raining.  I don't like to eat cold food on cold days.

No comments: